Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 11.28.12


Great week!

Dan’s activity this week:

As I sit here listening to my childhood 1972 Johnny Mathis Christmas album, one of the best, I think of the how everyone’s home is transforming into “Christmas mode” and how it made me feel when I was a kid.  Our homes definitely have a huge impact on our lives and if it’s not a positive one you can do something about it…

My next closing is close, but even though the appraisal passed last week we are still just now hammering out the inspection negotiations!  Everything looks to be good and I think we’ll get past  this with relatively little pain and on to closing next Thursday!

My "first right of refusal" house had its inspection and appraisal on Monday so we should be getting word back on that by the end of the week.  Everything is progressing on that deal as we are shooting for a Dec 14 or 17 closing. 

On another front, my new listing is slower than slow right now!    We knew the risks of putting a home on the market during this time of year, but I feel we should be getting some interest soon.  The online activity of people viewing the home has been very good and sometimes it just a matter of time before that translates into through the door activity. 

My two other new clients each have offers that have been submitted, or will be by the end of the day and each of them are offering on a foreclosure!

In other late breaking news this week, I got a call from a prospect that is now ready to sell their home and buy another locally, got a referral from a past client to sell and buy another and picked up a young buyer last night while watching the Hoosiers crush the Tar Heels! 

So, yes, its been a busy week, thanks for asking!



  Rates for the week
From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages dropped from 3.54 percent to 3.53 percent in the week ended Nov. 21, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages fell from 2.87 percent to 2.86 percent.



No comments:

Post a Comment