Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 12.12.12


Update, Year Review, and 2013 Goals
  
Dan’s activity this week:


The two closings last Friday went off without a hitch!  Both closed at our in-house title agency so it was nice to literally sit in the same seat for each closing, just an hour-and-a-half apart.

Buyer activity across the board was pretty slow for my listings.  With another listing coming on the market today and two more in the wings, my clients are ready to sell and, in many cases, buy again!

The hard part about buyers is finding good inventory.  Since last year the inventory has gone from over 8 months down to almost 5 months!  That means if no new homes were listed, it would take only 5 months to sell all existing homes for sale.  To put that into a frame of reference, the current 5-month inventory levels are the same from the pre-housing slump of 2006!  A good problem for sellers and the stabilization of pricing, but it makes it more difficult for those buyers out there.

In addition, so far I’ve lined up 4 clients who are ready to list their homes for sale during the upcoming 2013 Spring and buy as well…a good start, but my goal is for 4 more!

With no more closings in 2012 on the books, my numbers are in!  I more than doubled my sales dollars and increased the number of closings by 145%.  My average sales price of a home was $275k, (the MIBOR average is sub 200k and my office average is 250k, the highest in Indy) so I was pleased with that effort.

Based on the great year of 2012, my goals for 2013 are as follows: 25 closing (buy and/or sell), increase the average sales price to 280k and increase my sales by 166%!  All obtainable goals with your help and me doing what I’m supposed to be doing consistently well.

So as you go out to Christmas and New Year’s parties with friends & family and someone starts talking “house”, your recommendation of me and a referral of my services would be appreciated, I can’t reach my goals without you!

Don't forget to set your own goals for 2013 now.  You've heard it before...if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail...



Rates for the week

From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages dropped from 3.52 percent to 3.50 percent in the week ended Dec. 5, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages fell from 2.86 percent to 2.85 percent.

No comments:

Post a Comment