Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 5.22.13


Thankful for Memorial Day coming up!

Dan’s activity this week:

I’m looking forward to attending yet another Indy 500 with my friends.  An annual gathering with tailgating, BBQ-ing, and male bonding!  I’m also looking forward to a day off…so far no one has me scheduled and I’d like to keep it that way.

So slap me silly I didn't post last week.  My apologies let me try to catch you up.

My clients whose home we sold in 8 days had a low appraisal that we have worked through and is still on track…yea!!!

My other buyers who were buying the home with the chimney that needed work came down to the wire but each side made some compromises and the deal got done.   They are very excited to finally get a place of their own back and move out of the temporary living at their parents’ home.

The newer listing of the town home in West Carmel has had brisk activity.  We've had a second showing and I feel it will sell in the next week or so.

Those same clients and I were out looking at another round of homes to buy just this evening.  We found one that would work but we’ll keep looking in case there is something better.

Since my last update I’ve secured a new buyer and 3 new listings that will come on the market next week!  Two of listing clients will also be buying a new home with me.  So I procured 6 new transactions in a week and a half. 

I also have another appointment on Friday with another potential client who might use me to sell their home as they are moving out of the country.  The lead that came out to me at my son’s football game is moving forward as well.   I got them hooked up with my finance guy and we are working to get them cleared so I can list their home and they can buy a move-up home! So I’m intently working 3 more deals.

Lastly, I had an interesting closing today.  I’ll only say it was my first closing where the buyers and sellers were closed in separate rooms.  The end game…the home changed ownership, the goal for each party.
  
   
   Rates for the week
From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages rose from 3.60 percent to 3.71 percent for the week ended May 15, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages rose from 2.82 percent to 2.92 percent.


No comments:

Post a Comment