Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 4.3.13


Rates are great and I’m ready for more…

Dan’s activity this week:

The client’s whose house was bought by the Californian investor have also found their next home to buy and we have an accepted offer!  So far both the sale and purchase of homes for this client has been very smooth and they are very excited.

The other listing that we received the second offer from the same buyers last week did work out!  We have another SOLD…now on to the inspection, which is Friday. 
This deal is a little precarious; it feels like each party is almost looking for a reason for it to fall apart…to be continued…

Those two responses on my buyer’s inspections both worked out.  I also know that one of the appraisals come back OK so that is pretty much set to close next Thursday!  The other deal doesn’t close until early May so there may be some more time on this one.

One of my listings that has an accepted offer and had passed inspections early also just found out that the appraisal came back good.   We were a little anxious as our sold price/sqft was at the top of the neighborhood.  That is due to close 4/18.

The activity on my other listings is good, just need to get the right buyer’s through the doors!

I’m also prepping two new listings that will go on the market next Tuesday, April 9th so that will give me a couple more to sell but I could still use a bunch more.  I’ve got plenty of capacity to handle more listings and I just need a bit more consistency before hiring my first assistant. 

Another piece of good news, I got a lead off my website last week and have been out with these new clients from Sweden a few times.  I think we’ll find a home for them soon but the real reason I mention it is that when we met I asked how they found me.  The wife said she had seen my family ad in the Hamilton County Family magazine.  I've been advertising in that new publication since it started about a year ago and have my first concrete client from it.  Almost any type of advertising, web, mail, print, etc always takes a year of consistent marketing before you start to obtain solid leads.  It was the same way with my community blog, Indy Family Resources.


         Rates for the week
From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages fell to 3.75 from 3.78 percent for the week ended March 27, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages was unchanged at 2.97 percent.


1 comment:

  1. It's been really great going through your blog post, very well informed and described. Great to read and know more about such kind of stuff.

    Jim Zaspel

    ReplyDelete