Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weekly Rate and Real Estate Update, 9.19.12


Rates stay steady, again...

Dan’s activity this week:

Looks like Hamilton County will have one less homeless family tomorrow afternoon!  The mortgage company got everything to the title company on time and now we are just waiting to see the preliminary HUD statement.  My clients are so excited and so ready to get out of that hotel room, get moved in and get settled and on with their life.

We may have reached the end of one of my client’s ropes.  Short sales do not treat you well, especially when you are put under additional pressures like living with relatives…days feel like weeks, weeks feel like months.  I know from personal experience.  I’ve put my family (a baby and dog included) into my mom’s house for 6 weeks waiting on a short sale that “should get the OK to close tomorrow”.  Don’t get me wrong, sleeping on an air mattress is fun for about 2 minutes but 6 weeks puts your whole life in a pressure cooker.  After all that, if they can wait this out, I know my clients will get the right home for them and someday, someday this will all be a distance memory and the joyous memories of a family in their home will be all that is left.

So after 4 showings yesterday and more scheduled for this week, we have a couple of interested buyers in this new listing in Carmel.  It would be great for my clients to finally get this home sold so they too can move on to the next stage of their life.  Funny, right now I have clients on both end of the family spectrum.  A couple young families are buying their “college home” meaning the home they intend to live in until the kids are finished with college.  At the other end, I have clients whose kids are almost done and out of the home!  

Another one of my listings is also receiving good interest.  We are priced right and now ready to sell.  Next, if anyone is interested in owning rentals, I have a client who is selling his 6 homes in the NE corner of Indy.  He is motivated to contact if slightly interested.

Save the date of Sunday, October 14th from 3-6…that’s when the 1st Annual Irish Fall Family Fest will be unleashed!  Invites have been mailed out so here it is!  If you read this blog with regularity, you are invited!  Just email, call or text me to RSVP.   



If you haven’t seen it yet or want to see it again…our renovation project is updated so click HERE to see the latest!

 Rates for the week
From the IBJ... The average rate for 30-year mortgages rose from 3.79 percent to 3.81 percent in the week ended Sept. 12, according to Bankrate.com. The rate for 15-year mortgages was unchanged at 3.04 percent.

 Email me your info or to start your home sale or purchase process here!

No comments:

Post a Comment